Newbie poll: GUI building in Python

Alan James Salmoni alan_salmoni at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 06:53:56 EDT 2003

C42 <nospam at nospam.net> wrote in message news:<BQ9ya.309$Z24.227011 at monger.newsread.com>...
> After spending some time researching wxPython and Tkinter, I can't help
> but wonder, "Do most people create their original GUI designs from a
> text file or do they use some other tool (wxDesigner, etc.)?"
>
> I must admit that I am from a VB world and designing my GUIs via text is
> somewhat unusual to me.

When I started with wxPython I found Boa useful simply to get an idea
of what I was supposed to write in the first place. Once I had "got
it", I switched to hand coding in SciTE/Vim/Emacs (insert favourite
editor), though occasionally I do use wxGlade now and then when I am
having problems with the sizer boxes..!

As for Tkinter: hand coding all the way.

Alan James Salmoni
SalStat Statistics
http://salstat.sunsite.dk