A little disappointed so far

Graham Nicholls graham at rockcons.co.uk
Sun May 18 21:31:04 EDT 2003

Jay O'Connor wrote:

> On Mon, 19 May 2003 02:17:39 +0100, Graham Nicholls
> <graham at rockcons.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>BTW, my i=i+1 bug - how do you avoid these, or are they common?
>

> I use emacs with Python mode or nedit (aslo with Python syntax
> support).  With tabs set to four spaces and the auto-indenting in the
> editors, I don't make that mistake.  So I get the clarity of code
> without the pitfalls.
I use autoindent in vim/gvim, but reckon I may need to up the tabs to 4
perhaps.  I've never got on with emacs, though - vi is God's own editor.
(Now I'll really start a flame war!)

> It's occasionally bitten me in the past, but I can't recall the last
> time it did
Just the sort of message I was hoping to hear!  I can't decide whether to
carry on trying to get this extract_fonttable_from_an_rtf script in Python,
Perl, or simply do it in 2 minutes in C or shell.  I really _want_ to get
on with Python, but I really need to get it working!

Graham
--
Graham Nicholls
All round good guy.