Debugging CGI tips wanted...

John D. lists at webcrunchers.com
Fri May 16 01:35:43 EDT 2003

I'm trying to debug a CGI.   Am using the "post" method,  and want to emulate the "stdin" from within a Python shell,  exactly as if the python module were called from a CGI.

As you know,  the "post" method passes the forms parameters into data passed to the CGI via Stdin.

I want to know if there's a way to emulate this from the Python command line,  to make debugging easier.

Another question....  How can I tell if a Python veriable is undefined at runtime.

John