Python 2.3b1 + cx_oracle 3.0 on HP-UX

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue May 20 06:19:07 EDT 2003

Bernard Delmée wrote:
> $ python cx_test.py
> /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't shl_load() a library containing Thread Local
 > Storage: /usr/lib/libcl.2
[...]

> I had a similar problem in a previous attempt with py222
> and cx_oracle 2.5a. Can anyone help?

Seems pretty clear to me: cx_oracle uses thread-local storage (not
directly, but through libcl.2), and the system does not support

1. Do not use thread-local storage. In this specific case:
    Get rid of libcl.2 for cx_oracle.

2. Do not load the Python module dynamically, but link it into the
    interpreter statically.

3. Do not use an operating system with such limitations. Use Linux
    instead :-)

Regards,
Martin