Best Python book for practical examples?

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Mon May 19 20:52:44 EDT 2003

[Kevin Schaefer]
> I would like to know of a book that has practical real-world style
> coding examples solving real problems.  Recommendations appreciated.

Don't overlook that your Python distribution comes with a few megabytes of
Python code in the standard libraries, covering a broad range of application
areas.  You could do a lot worse than study a library module in an area that
interests you!  The Python Cookbook has an excellent collection of examples
too.