Should I write a book on Python Metaprogramming ?

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Tue May 6 07:48:11 EDT 2003

Alex Martelli said:

> Paul Rubin wrote:
>
>> "andrew cooke" <andrew at acooke.org> writes:
>>> Personally, I would be interested in something that covered the more
>>> obscure / newer parts of Python.  I understand that you can generate
>>> bytecode dyanmically, for example.  Also, what's the difference between
>>> old + new style classes (including implementation)?  What do the
>>> various
>>> special __ methods do etc.
>>
>> That belongs in the Python documentation, not in some book you have to
>> buy separately!!!
>
> "That" (each and every one of the items Andrew mentions) IS in the

whoa.  that's not quite fair.  you're quoting from just the first
paragraph of my message.  my suggestions for the book included using those
facilities to change python to work using protoypes and to provide
transparent manipulation of objects across the network.  neither of those
"items" are in the python docs.  i admit that i was too vague in my
original email, but i was asking for more than already exists in
documentation.

otoh, apologies for muddled thinking/writing and not checking exactly what
was in the docs before opening my mouth...

andrew

--
http://www.acooke.org/andrew