is there any one 2 help

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Tue May 6 03:50:09 EDT 2003

khurram hameed wrote:

> hello
>  to every one
> i know nothing
> about python
> and i need some giudance
> please suggest me some books which are easy to
> learn and read about python language
> which should be available in market especailly in
> pakistan

http://www.python.org/doc/Newbies.html lists a LOT of
freely downloadable resources.

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/IntroductoryBooks
lists books specifically, and the very first one listed,
Downey's Elkner's and Meyers' "How to think like a
computer scientist: leaning with Python" is among the
very best -- *AND* also freely downloadable AS WELL AS
purchasable on paper.

What's "available in market in pakistan", I have no idea.
New Riders' "Python Web Programming" (by S. Holden),
O'Reilly's "Learning Python" (by M. Lutz & D. Ascher --
but make sure you get the SECOND edition!!!), and Apress'
"Practical Python" (by M. Lie Hetland) are my favourite
beginners' books among those only available for $$$.  But
how would I know which of those are available in Pakistan?

> and also sendme some of your programmes to

You wouldn't know what to do with them.  Rather, follow
the example programs that come with every text (online or
not) and later explore the Vaults of Parnassus and the
Python Cookbook.

Alex