MIB-II reader/writer

Arthur arthur8 at boardermail.com
Sat May 24 23:59:21 EDT 2003

Being somewhat new to Python (as well as SNMP), I'm looking for a
MIB-II module for Python that reads and writes into the MIB.  At

http://pysnmp.sourceforge.net/

there is mention of MIN reader that wraps the libsmi package of MIB
accessing code.

Evidently, the Python SMI module is included in the PyNMS package:

http://pynms.sourceforge.net/

I'm still making my way through these things packages and
documentation so can someone tell me if:

1)  Will the SMI module do what I want to do, namely get and set
values from a MIB-II file?

2)  Is there some sample Python code that illustrates how to access
MIBs?

Thanks,

Arthur