Should I write a book on Python Metaprogramming ?

Van Gale news at exultants.org
Mon May 5 20:23:28 EDT 2003

laotseu wrote:
> Van Gale wrote:
> (snip)
>
>> I think Bruce Eckel is one of the best authors around today, yet when
>> I saw that Thinking in Patterns is now almost entirely in Java I was
>> *really* unhappy and I won't buy that book.  I'm sure it's the right
>> thing for him to do, but trying to digest Java snippets into Python
>> snippets will make understanding too difficult for me.
>

> <silly question>
> Did you try "thinking in Python" ?
> </silly question>

Err, somewhere along the line I got confused :)

In the back of my mind I had the impression he had renamed Thinking in
Python to Thinking in Patterns.  Then when the most recent Thinking in
Patterns was released I downloaded it ... and there was no reference on
the download page to Thinking in Python.  Checking on his site now, I
see there is one on the Books page though so I'm happy again :)  Thanks!