Should I write a book on Python Metaprogramming ?

Eddie Corns eddie at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
Mon May 5 13:18:47 EDT 2003

I would certainly buy the book.

If we want real living Python programmers to benefit from the features it
provides (advanced or otherwise) we need to have good explanations of how to
use them.  From this perspective, I'm obviously favouring a Python centric
view.  Too much abstraction puts people off what would otherwise be an
approachable subject.  If you fear this reduces potential sales you could
consider the Deitel&Deitel approach (or the more virtuous, but presumably more
work, Bruce Eckel style).

Anyway we all know that Python is the definitive pseudo code.

If you can make the cover as good as AMOP, sales will definitely benefit :)

Eddie