has anyone implemented perl's HTML::Element and related modules for python?

William Clifford wobh at helium.barsoom.invalid
Sat May 31 19:46:02 EDT 2003

In <mailman.1054389587.14967.python-list at python.org>,
Jack Diederich <jack at performancedrivers.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 12:30:43PM +0000, Tom Bryan wrote:
>> William Clifford wrote:
>>
>> > I ask because I was just starting to use them when I got curious about
>> > this python thing.
>>
>> >From a quick look at CPAN, it looks like that's a way to represent an HTML
>> doc as a collection of objects...probably  using some sort of Composite
>> Pattern.  If that's what you're talking about, I think that  HTMLgen is
>> probably similar
>> http://starship.python.net/crew/friedrich/HTMLgen/html/main.html
>
> Less of a DOM but maybe what you are looking for is HyperText
> http://dustman.net/andy/python/HyperText/

[snip]

I've only played with these a little, and also with a pyxhtml thing I
found on sourceforge. But I think I might just reimplement the
HTML::Element class, at least in its most basic form. It's small enough
and I'll learn a bit more about Python doing it.

--
William Clifford  wobh at yahoo.com  http://wobh.home.mindspring.com