persistant web state

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.net
Wed May 21 08:12:21 EDT 2003

"Jay O'Connor" <joconnor at nets.com> wrote in message news:<20030520.103927.352118606.19801 at nets.com>...
> In article <81addh4m5s.fsf at darwin.lan.kassube.de>, "Nils Kassube"
> <nika at kassube.de> wrote:
>
> > What's wrong with Zope, Webware, or any of the other web application
> > frameworks?
>
> Nothing as far as I know, I just don't know all the options out there,
> either in techniques or existing technology

Firstly, for inspiration (if nothing else) try:

  http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/WebProgramming

That will at least get you acquainted with the different frameworks.
As for persisting objects in shared memory, there was the relatively
recent announcement of POSH (Python Object Sharing) which looks highly
relevant:

  http://poshmodule.sourceforge.net

I've been thinking about giving it a spin myself.

Paul