SV: A little disappointed so far

Michael Chermside mcherm at mcherm.com
Mon May 19 16:05:12 EDT 2003

   [... discussion of PEP 308...]

> Since this refers to the vote as a future event, it apparently has not
> been updated to reflect the vote that did take place, a couple on
> months ago.  As I understand, the plurality was for no change.  And
> hence, no response that I have seen from GvR.

My understanding was that the results of the vote were somewhat
confusing, depending on exactly how you interpreted them. Indeed,
Guido has not yet commented, but he's been hard at work on 2.3 (which
is obviously higher priority), and is currently on vacation.

I'm sure he'll get back to this topic once he's had a chance. But
it'll be nothing short of miraculous if he's able to pull a single
sensible answer out of the whole messy discussion and vote.

Then-again-that's-why-we've-got-a-BDFL lly,

-- Michael Chermside