A Standard

Luis Cortes lcortes at conquered.org
Sun May 25 18:52:58 EDT 2003

Python Language Developer:

 I have long been playing the idea ( and I'm sure that others have too -- of
 porting the STL library from C++ completely re-written in python.  I
 have had great success in doing this with the the vector class with little
 problem (although it did take me several iterations).  I believe it
 would be trivial to finish the rest of the lib.  My question would be,
 won't this be better than making our own version of set, list, vector,
 map, etc.???

This way, won't C++ programmers have an easier time crossing over?

Just a thought,
Luis.