IDLEFork

trevor newton trevor.newton at bt.com
Thu May 8 09:24:41 EDT 2003

Chaps,

This is problably the wrong place to ask this question, so I will anyway.

I've just upgraded my system to Slackware 9.0 and have installed Python
2.2.2 from source and now I want to use IDLEFork 0.9a2. The installation
goes well untill I run idle when I get the following output:

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1299, in __call__
     args = apply(self.subst, args)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1032, in
_substitute
     e.num = getint(b)
ValueError: invalid literal for int(): ??

Do you have any idea what's causing this strange behaviour and how I
correct it ?

Just for the sake of clarity I'll describe the system:

Slackware 9.0
IDLEFork 0.9a2
Python 2.2.2
Tcl/Tk 8.4