Gui Advice Needed: wxPython or PyQT ?

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Thu May 8 11:43:57 EDT 2003

Phil Thompson [mailto:phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk] writes:

> My experience with the commercial version of PyQt doesn't agree with
> this.  While some organisations have licenses for dozens of
> developers, most are single user licenses.

Hmm, interesting.  I mean, technically that would imply that most
organizations have a single developer owning all of the GUI, which
while perhaps true, wouldn't fit our team here.  There are UI elements
in all sort of components of our system (from embedded, to standalone
tools, to the primary product interface) and I'm not looking to lock
down a single developer for that - actually, I want to work harder to
let everyone participate in all aspects of the system.

Now it would be likely that simultaneous work on the UI would be much
smaller, but the licenses seemed pretty well keyed to unique
developers using it.

-- David