Thread problems

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu May 8 11:34:54 EDT 2003

In article <b9drv0$964$1 at pegasus.csx.cam.ac.uk>,
Tomek  <rtomek at hotmail.com> wrote:

>It did not need different computer to get it running.
>The thread .run() function had a line:
>
>os.system("csh my_script.csh &")
>
>only changing this line to:
>
>os.system("csh my_script.csh")
>
>to make the program run in 'foreground' seem to fix all my problems. I
>am still interested why it did not work with the old code. Any
>suggestions are appreciated...

This is one area I'm less familiar with than I'd like, but there are
known problems with threads and fork().  Try using Google to search for
old posts on the subject.

"In many ways, it's a dull language, borrowing solid old concepts from
many other languages & styles:  boring syntax, unsurprising semantics,
few automatic coercions, etc etc.  But that's one of the things I like
about it."  --Tim Peters on Python, 16 Sep 93