Python's qw

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri May 16 18:13:02 EDT 2003

    >> We have the BDFL to thank for that particular bit of code, so I doubt
    >> the technique can come with a stronger recommendation.

    Tim> That particular trick in regrtest.py is actually due to Uncle
    Tim> Timmy.  I don't know whether Guido likes it or not, but I channel
    Tim> that he would if he thought about it a little but not a lot <0.9
    Tim> wink>.

My apologies.  That's what I thought when I set out to reply to Fernando's
post as well, but I decided to RTSL just to be sure.  The earliest timestamp
on the _expectations dictionary (the thing with all the strings which get
.split()) is

    (gvanross 12-Aug-01)

Later on I do see some

    (tim_one 12-Aug-01)

timestamps as well.  Guess I just misread things.  It's a good thing uncles
aren't easily disturbed by lack of due credit.  My uncles never have been,
at least. <wink>

Skip