How to reboot a SMC Barricade router remotely

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Sun May 4 00:08:08 EDT 2003

You could reverse engineer the renew form and use urllib.  It'll be
something like:

    http://192.168.2.1:88/status.htm?page=status&logout=2&connectflag=4

(Though I think it requires POST, rather than GET).  You'll likely need
to get a cookie (or something like that) from:

    http://192.168.2.1:88/login.htm?password=whatever_your_password_is

as well. You can probably find lots of info about how to do this kind of
stuff in a general way (i.e. how to send/recieve cookies with Python) by
poking around on the web.

HTH,
Mike

--