Tkinter and program launching questions

Arnal arnaud at tribu.ch
Fri May 9 14:28:52 EDT 2003

Hi,

I recently changed all .grid(...) to .pack(...) with modifiying parameters.
I read in a tutorial, which uses .grid() and does nothing more than saying
that the .pack() exists, the use of grid_remove() to make the item
invisible. Now, as the tutorial doesn't say anything about .pack(), I would
know what .grid_remove() is with .pack().

I have done a preferences window for my program, and I want to use it in a
copy of the program (i.e: when the user selects the menu item "preferences",
my program tries to open a copy of itself with a parameter). Currently, I
use os.system(PathToMe+" ModRcnts"), with my variable PathToMe pointing to
my program. This shows a somehow annoying dos window, of course, but how
else? And is there any way to obtain the opened document (i.e my edited
program which is the one I try to relaunch)?

Thanks.