Cannot get PythonMagick to work

Jacob Smullyan smulloni at bracknell.smullyan.org
Wed May 14 12:36:48 EDT 2003

In article <b9smqs$mf3$05$1 at news.t-online.com>, Achim Domma wrote:
> "Carsten Gehling" <carsten at sarum.dk> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1052886741.8046.python-list at python.org...
>> [root at netlag02 lib]# ll /usr/local/python22/lib/
>> total 980
>> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       488396 May  7 09:14 libboost_python.so
>> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       488396 May  7 09:14
>> libboost_python.so.1.30.0
>> drwxr-xr-x   16 root     root        12288 May  7 05:59 python2.2
>
> libboost_python.so is a normal shared library, not a python extension
> library. It has to be placed in a folder where it can be found by your
> system (for example /usr/lib or something like that). I'm not an expert or
> different linux systems, so my setup.py might not be perfect in that point.
> Please copy libboost_python.so to /usr/lib (or whatever folder is
> appropriate on your system) and try again. Let me know if it does not work.

Some distributions don't have /usr/local/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf.  If
you are using such a distribution, you can add /usr/local/lib to
/etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig.  (Or you may prefer to run ldconfig
directly on /usr/local/lib, or your distribution may have a different
way of managing things.  On Gentoo, for instance, read man env-update.)

js