Ide with Autocompletion (newbie)

Igor Secansky ise at nr.dflex.sk
Wed May 28 04:54:34 EDT 2003

Hi,

Can somebody recommend a powerfull, free, open-source, stable development
environment
with autocompletion (configurable) (+ color highlighting, parentheses and
brackets highlighting and indentation suggestion) running on Linux? And of
course with
integrated gui builder and debugger. I use VS.NET/C# and
Sybase/PowerBuilder7 on Win so I am trying to find something similar for
Python on Linux.

I tryed to "import rlcompleter" in an old version of python -- it's not bad
:-I, better
than nothing, but not as good as in M.H. PythonWin (not running on Linux
:-(, but maybe it's a bit better than PowerBuilder7's AutoScript feature).
But my personnel winner
in autocompletion is still IntelliSense in VS.NET.)

Are emacs-people satisfied with python-mode?

Thanks for answers
Igor