[OT] Was: Re: State of Python

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Thu May 22 16:49:16 EDT 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003 15:26:05 -0400, Brett g Porter <bgporter at artlogic.com> wrote:

>Bengt Richter wrote:
>
>> Um, I believe B&N now owns Borders ;-/
>
>Nope --
>http://www.barnesandnoble.com/help/a_bn_inc.asp sez:
>  Barnes & Noble, Inc., (NYSE: BKS) operates 520 Barnes & Noble and 470
>B. Dalton bookstores. <deletia...>

You're right. I should have checked
    http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/890491/000095012303004633/y85716exv21w1.htm
before taking the opinion of a B&N employee as fact. Shame on me for propagating hearsay ;-/
Anyway, that's a relief. The guy must have meant B. Dalton. (B&N does have 17 subsidiaries though ;-)

>...and http://www.bordersgroupinc.com/about/index.html sez:
>Borders Group, Inc., is a publicly held Fortune 500 company with sales
>of $3.4 billion. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under
>the symbol BGP. Borders Group operates more than 405 domestic Borders
>Books & Music stores, 31 international superstores, 37 Books etc. stores
>in the U.K., and more than 775 Waldenbooks stores.

While I'm at it, the list for Borders is at
    http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/940510/000095012403001157/k74288exv21w1.txt

Regards,
Bengt Richter