Python 2.3b1 + cx_oracle 3.0 on HP-UX

Bernard Delmée bdelmee at advalvas.REMOVEME.be
Fri May 23 15:30:23 EDT 2003

Since google was of no help this time, maybe posting
the solution will help someone in the future.
The cx_oracle author was kind enough to let me know
that this problem had been seen before, and that on
HP-UX one has to compile python with the "-lc -lpthread"
libraries to play nicely with his extension.
This worked indeed, after I adjusted the Makefile to
refer to those libs. I was hoping to be able to get
configure to nicely generate this on its own, but
couldn't. Oh, well.
Thanks Anthony, for this hint and for a fine module!