Pyrex - Numeric demo doesn't build in 0.7.2

Fernando Perez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 21:18:57 EDT 2003

andrew cooke wrote:

> Fernando Perez <fperez528 at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> Are you aware of Single Assignment C?  It's kind-of like C without
> pointers and can be heavly optimized (to C, which you then compile as
> normal).  It would probably let you achieve fortran speeds without
> needing to use Fortran.
>
> http://www.sac-home.org/index.php?p=.%2F21_About_Sac2c

Thanks for the pointer.  I'd never heard of this before, it looks nice.
Currently I need to get real work done, so I'll probably stick to C/C++ and
Fortran, both of which have excellent support in python.  With weave.inline
it's trivial to inline C/C++, and with f2py it's also quite easy to write
fortran functions which manipulate arrays.

But if this matures to production-level, maybe it can be folded into the
low-level support languages familiy for python.

Cheers,

f.