Python not seeing mirc log files, why?

Hyperion AgentSmith at Matrix..com
Tue May 20 19:09:17 EDT 2003

Hello all.

 I am trying to write a script for find and search within a log file.
The log files in question are from mirc the irc client.
I am using ActivePython 2.2 on windows xp.

The code I am using so far is:....

asking = raw_input("what is the file? ")
reading_file = open(asking, 'r')
text_infile=''
text_infile = reading_file.read()
reading_file.close()

print text_infile

Now this will work and open a txt file called,
one.txt
at

C:\one.txt

but it wont work with the mirc log files at:..

C:\Program Files\mIRC\logs

were the log files are like:..

#channel.EFNet.txt.

so it would be:...

C:\Program Files\mIRC\logs\channel.EFNet.txt

I am assuming it is .txt extension which it is because they are text
files.

I have even tried renaiming the logfiles to take out the, '#' character
so that they are just, 'channel.EFNet.txt' but it didn't work.

Has anyone got any ideas as to why it is not working?

The error I keep getting is this IO error:..

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py",
line 301, in RunScript
    exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
  File "C:\Python-scripts\readingscript.py", line 5, in ?
    reading_file = open(asking, 'r')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Program
Files\\mIRC\\logs\\webfringe.efnet.txt'

Thanks in advance for any help.
Hyperion