embedding in COM object confusion

Achim Domma domma at procoders.net
Mon May 26 12:07:48 EDT 2003

"Mark Hammond" <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote in message
news:aEcAa.2034$ES.21779 at news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> I am surprised that fails.  However, calling Py_Init/Fini like this is
> asking for some trouble.  I suggest you simply init once, and finalize
> once (if at all).  Yes, it *should* work, but...

I also tried checking Py_IsInitialized first, but it does not make a
difference.

> If you really care, you could re-write this in C and turn it into a
> standalone test that fails, then upload it to a new bug on sourceforge.

I really care, but I don't think that I'm able to write a COM objekt in pure
C.

> If you still have problems, I suggest you build a debug version of
> Python, and use that.  This will allow you to break into the debugger,
> and see exactly where the error happens.

I would like to try that, but I have some problems: I only have VC7 so it
seems that I have to use Python 2.3, but this is no problem. I got the
current version from CVS an compiled it. But I think I will also have to
compile your win32 tools from scratch. And how do I set up a valid
installation from the stuff I compiled from CVS?

Achim