Python Coredump on FreeBSD

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon May 12 09:35:12 EDT 2003

"Harald Schneider" <h_schneider at marketmix.com> writes:

> Thanks. Platform ist FreeBSD 4.6.2
>
> Reading the coredump with gdb revealed that python died with signal 11. Any
> idea?

That's SIGSEGV.  Try running 'bt' for backtrace, although unless
you're familiar with debugging C applications the output may not
especially comprehensible.

> The only weak point in my application is the usage of threads which handle
> the communication via xmlrpclib.
> It runs perfectly on Linux and Win32 but on this platform it crashes with a
> coredump ...
>
> Are there any special things about threads or xmlrpclib on FreeBSD, that
> differ from other platforms ?

I think I've heard bad things about threads on FreeBSD in the past,
but don't really remember... finding someone who knows about the
platform would be a good thing (not me!).

Cheers,
M.

--
  Not only does the English Language borrow words from other
  languages, it sometimes chases them down dark alleys, hits