Thread problems

Tomek rtomek at hotmail.com
Wed May 7 18:38:31 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am running program called aria, fully written in python, under Python
2.2.2 on Redhat 9.0 on dual P4 2.4 GHz.

The program has a nasty bug, whereby calling a .start() method of a
Thread subclass does not execute the run() method every single time (as
it is specified by the python api). The failure rate on my computer to
execute the run() is of around 10%. Interestingly, the program failes to
run the method at different points every single time even though I give
it the same input.
I looked at the source code of the program, but the class that inherits
Thread looks very normal with only run() method overloaded.

Has any1 got the same problem with Thread class before? What's the best
place to start debugging it?

Tomek