Cannot get PythonMagick to work

Achim Domma achim.domma at syynx.de
Wed May 14 16:41:21 EDT 2003

"Carsten Gehling" <carsten at gehling.dk> wrote in message
>     from _PythonMagick import *
> ImportError:
/usr/local/python22/lib/python2.2/lib-dynload/_PythonMagick.so:
> undefined symbol: gzerror
>
> I get no compiler errors when making PythonMagick (or GraphicsMagick), so
> what can be wrong?

I don't know. As mentioned before, I'm not a linux expert. I'm using gentoo
linux and test PythonMagick on this plattform. About other distributions I
don't know very much. On Windows there is a tool called 'depends' which
shows dependencies between shared libraries. Do you know something like this
on Linux? It might help to get a hint what's going wrong.
_PythonMagick.so should only depend on system libraries, boost_python and
the GraphicMagick libs. I'm sure that gzerror is not part of boost_python,
so I would guess that your problem has something to do with your
GraphicsMagick configuration. But without more informations, it's hard to
say more.

regards,
Achim