Coding style and Python versions (was Re: Another itertool function?)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu May 1 14:54:36 EDT 2003

In article <b8mgo9$nbu$1 at slb2.atl.mindspring.net>,
Andrew Dalke <adalke at mindspring.com> wrote:

>What's wrong with habits?  It's a habit that I brush my teeth.  It's a
>habit that I look both ways before crossing the street.  It's a habit
>that I post to c.l.py. :)

Fair enough; I really wasn't trying to be critical, just start another
discussion about coding style given the current state of Python's syntax.
Looks like I succeeded.  ;-)

"In many ways, it's a dull language, borrowing solid old concepts from
many other languages & styles:  boring syntax, unsurprising semantics,
few automatic coercions, etc etc.  But that's one of the things I like
about it."  --Tim Peters on Python, 16 Sep 93