Why won't my thread terminate?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu May 22 17:44:35 EDT 2003

"Dfenestr8" <dfenestr8 at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:bajfhl$fupe$1 at ID-119882.news.dfncis.de...
> Steve Holden wrote:
>

> > Your answer is therefore to create a new instance each time you want to
> > re-invoke the thread's behavior.
> >

> Is it sufficient to call the objects __init__ method again? ie......

> That seems to work too.

"Seems to work" is a far cry from "will reliably work under all required
circumstances". I quoted the documentation to you, which is pretty
unequivocal. If you choose to ignore that stricture it's entirely up to you
not to cry about the consequences!

What's the problem with creating a new object? It isn't a huge overhead.

regards