Advice on teaching a 1 day Python class

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-REMOVETHIS-xs4all.nl
Wed May 21 19:02:22 EDT 2003

djw wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been asked (OK, I volunteered) to teach a one day class on Python to
> a group of software engineers (typ. experience would be C, C++ and/or Java
> programming) at my company.
[...]
> Any thoughts and/or suggestions?

Tim's response is spot-on. Avoid the 'boring' parts in which Python
resembles C++, Java. Concentrate on the differences, the interesting parts.

Also, I've been making some pages about Python targeted for programmers
that already know Java: http://www.razorvine.net/python/PythonForJavaProgrammers

Though it's nowhere near complete you might find some interesting
pointers there?

Good luck!

--Irmen de Jong