dll loading error

John Pote john at jptechnical.demon.co.uk
Sat May 24 19:33:18 EDT 2003

Still somewhat new to python and trying to access the serial ports on a
windows machine. Have tried to import both Chris Liechti's pySerial
using win32all and Roger Burnham's serialIO-151 which uses wsc32.dll.
Attempting to import either results in an error,

C:\projects\serialTest\serialIO>c:\apps\Python22\python test1.py
serial.py:33: DeprecationWarning: the regex module is deprecated; please
use the re module
  import regex
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test1.py", line 12, in ?
    import serial
  File "serial.py", line 36, in ?
    from mstimer import MsTimer
  File "mstimer.py", line 2, in ?
    import elapsedTimer
ImportError: DLL load failed: One of the library files needed to run
this application cannot be found.

C:\projects\serialTest\serialIO>

Importing pySerial results in the same DLL load failed.

I guess I'm missing something fundamental about loading a DLL.

Any pointers as to my mistake gratefully received.

os      win 95

py      Python 2.2.1 (#34, Apr  9 2002, 19:34:33) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)]
on win32

--
John Pote