snake running on embedded device

piter tojopiter at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 10:36:45 EDT 2003

U¿ytkownik "Brad Clements" <bkc at Murkworks.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> I ported Python 2.3a2 to uC5272 running uClinux (8 meg ram, 4 meg flash)
>
> That port also included libxslt and libxml2 linked in statically. Tight
> squeeze, but it works.
>
> 175 pystone/sec . a rocket!
>
> Fortunately we're moving to X-scale ;-)
>
> All I needed to do was tweak ./configure, use VPATH makefiles and tweak
> Makefile.pre.in

But what if the target platform doesn't support auto tools (autogen,
configure etc)?
Also it doesn't support processes: everything is one executable file with
tasks (threads) that simulate multiprocessing so any function written in C
that contains static vars will not work in that environtment. Are they in
python C core?

piter