Python Coredump on FreeBSD

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Tue May 13 10:07:39 EDT 2003

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Harald Schneider wrote:

> With the patch applied it runs longer, but then dies with
>
> python in realloc(): warning: modified (chunk-) pointer
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> Think I'll have to move away from threading on FreeBSD - It's definately not
> stable.

You do have the option of trying the LinuxThreads port, though I can't
tell you how to get Python's configure script to recognise LinuxThreads on
FreeBSD.  I gather that using LinuxThreads is recommended for MySQL on
FreeBSD.

BTW, I thought that the patch you referred to only upped the thread stack
to 128kB.  Elsewhere, I've read that Linux defaults to 1MB stacks for
threads.  Did you try this much larger value?

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au            |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/        |        Australia