looking for a simple XML api for python

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 05:32:30 EDT 2003

Van Gale wrote:

>> "Istvan Albert" <ialbert at mailblocks.com> wrote in message
>> news:Tr9za.228673$pa5.224690 at rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net...
>>
>>>And I don't mean just parsing either, I saw the
>>>pyRXP does that pretty well, only that it
>>>does not offer a modifiable document model.
>
> I assume you are talking about PyRXP returning a tuple, which is
> immutable.  If so, all you need to do is "ReturnList=1" to have it
> return a mutable list instead.

Oh yes -- an absolutely crucial little detail.  The benchmarks
I wrote back when I made that optional addition, by the way,
showed absolutely ZERO measurable slowdown for having PyRXP use
lists rather than tuples -- so the use of lists might just as
well be the default (it's a pity it isn't, IMHO).

> I don't know of any XPath module that works with PyRXP though.

Me neither.  That could be a killer for the OP's needs, sigh.

Alex