using RADs in object-oriented way

Paolo Invernizzi paoloinvernizzi at dmsware.com
Wed May 21 11:18:23 EDT 2003

Serge Boiko wrote:
> Thanks for your reply, Paolo. I will definetely try Boa Constructor as soon
> as find some time to dedicate to wxPython. Currently I'm stuck with PyQt :-)

PyQT is great, but... wxPython is free... ;-)

> My question however is more general: what if
> you decide to change something on the late phase of the
> development and you don't want to mix RAD generated code with our own.

Your own generated code is *not* mixed with the RAD generated one.
The generated code is something like...

class wxFrame1(wxFrame):
     # This is what you add. Basically you are telling that your TreeCtrl
     # have the 'standard' wxTreeCtrl interface.
     _custom_classes={'wxTreeCtrl':['MyTreeCtrl', 'AdvancedTreeCtrl']}

     <generated stuff>

So you subclass your components in different modules, and they are just
'usable' as standard one in the rad. When in the RAD you are visually
designing the frame, you can use MyTreeCtrl or AdvancedTreeCtrl as
specialized TreeCtrl...

But, really, this is only one of boa features.... ;-)

---
Paolo Invernizzi