POD vs. reST for standalone writing?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu May 1 19:59:28 EDT 2003

In article <b8s3u9$j16$1 at peabody.colorado.edu>,
Fernando Perez  <fperez528 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>Paul Moore wrote:
>> Fernando Perez <fperez528 at yahoo.com> writes:
>>>
>>> Incidentally, what is the status of reST/docutils wrt the standard lib?
>>
>> The author (David Goodger) didn't feel that the package was mature
>> enough to go into the standard lib for 2.3.
>
>Thanks for the info.  It's a bit of a bummer, it looks like such a nice
>package.  But I'd rather wait until the author is happy with the quality,
>we can always download separately in the meantime.

Let's put it this way: the last packaged version was 0.2, released last
July.  Help for creating a new package would certainly be welcome.

"In many ways, it's a dull language, borrowing solid old concepts from
many other languages & styles:  boring syntax, unsurprising semantics,
few automatic coercions, etc etc.  But that's one of the things I like
about it."  --Tim Peters on Python, 16 Sep 93