printing on a printer?

John Hall wweexxsseessssaa at telusplanet.net
Fri May 23 08:39:54 EDT 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003 18:56:53 GMT, "drs" <drs at ecp.cc> wrote:

>"Federico" <maschio_77 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:baimfd$9kb$1 at lacerta.tiscalinet.it...
>> How can I print something on a printer? simple text or also an image...
>> Thanks
>>

>assuming you are on windows, i wrote a wrapper to the VB printer object
>which can be used by python.  there are doubtless many other, and many
>better ways, but this is pretty simple (and it has a print previewer). see
>www.ecpsoftware.com for ecp_printer.

Also, see my response here a few days ago subj:
"Printing in a generic way" dated 05/18.

You can do some formatting in an *.rtf document and, in Windows, call
Wordpad to print it. You could include an image in the template, but
not (easily) replace it from your program

--
John W Hall <wweexxsseessssaa at telusplanet.net>
Calgary, Alberta, Canada.