Database and GUI in Python?

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Thu May 8 05:01:53 EDT 2003

Lars Dybdahl wrote:
> I'm new to this wonderful language, but I wonder,
>
> - is it possible to access databases from python?
> - Is it possible to create any kinds of GUI applications in python? (I use
> Linux)

Yes and yes.

> Where do I read more about it?

Databases: http://www.python.org/topics/database/

GUI: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/GuiProgramming

On Linux, you have several GUI toolkits available for Python. Maybe it's
best you try first if you like Tkinter, the one delivered with Python.

I've also heard of people who are happy with PyGtk, also because you can
use GLADE to graphically assemble forms. There's also an overwhelmingly
choice of other GUI tookits, all linked from the above Wiki page.

-- Gerhard