Gui Advice Needed: wxPython or PyQT ?

Boudewijn Rempt boudewijn at tryllian.com
Tue May 6 04:28:57 EDT 2003

<posted & mailed>

Alex Martelli wrote:

> Qt/PyQt is *NOT* free (unless you use it only on free operating
> systems to develop free software): you have to PAY for use on non-free
> OS's and/or to develop non-free programs yourself -- it starts from
> about $50 for a personal license of BlackAdder (and about the same
> for Rempt's book, unless you're happy to use the online version,
> which IMHO isn't anywhere as well-formatted and usable as the paper
> one), and only goes UP from there.  With wxPython, you stand a
> chance to get a LOT more without spending money.

I've heard that people are having a lot of trouble ordering the book in
bookshops or from Amazon. If that's still the case, I think it's best for
people in the Americas to order from the publisher; for people in Europe it
might be better to mail me about getting a copy.
--
Boudewijn | http://www.valdyas.org