Newbie poll: GUI building in Python

Andrei see at my.signature.com
Mon May 19 20:34:13 EDT 2003

I like Boa Constructor too and I think in the long run it will be the
best tool around (being a bit of a Delphi fan myself), but I would use
it only for stuff which must be positioned absolutely (i.e. in pixels),
since I can't get the hang of relative positioning/aligning without
sizers. wxGlade (http://wxglade.sourceforge.net/) on the other hand does
aligning very nicely and that's what I ended up using for my small
Python GUI project.

The big difference is that wxGlade generates less code for you than Boa.
Boa is more like Delphi and presumably VB, in that it also writes code
for events and has a very nice code editor, while wxGlade code only
paints the GUI.

print "znvy: cebwrpg5 at bcrenznvy.pbz
Fcnzserr! Cyrnfr qb abg hfr va choyvp zrffntrf. V ernq gur yvfg, ab arrq gb PP.".decode("rot13")