A little disappointed so far

Jason Creighton androflux at REMOVETOREPLYsofthome.net
Tue May 20 00:31:24 EDT 2003

On Mon, 19 May 2003 23:51:24 +0100
Graham Nicholls <graham at rockcons.co.uk> wrote:

> Steven Taschuk wrote:
>

> > It's about at this point that I realize you and I are from
> > different planets.  On my planet, online documentation is the only
> > way to go, *especially* when editing.
> >
> > Are you marooned here on Earth too?
> >
> Earth ? Earth ! Oh my goodness, I thought this was PlorJiks. How incredibly
> embarassing!

It's not you fault. Would you believe that, on the entire planet, there are no
standard galactic maps showing relative position, nothing about hyperspace
windows, (Nothing worse than trying to jump to hyperspace and then finding a
planet right in your way.....) no nothing! Even a sign that says "Welcome to
Earth!" would be an improvement. The current system leaves an inter-galactic
traveler disoriented and confused, and should be, IMHO, replaced ASAP.

Tongue firmly in cheek,

Jason Creighton