DCOracle2 Woes

sheppard member30005 at dbforums.com
Wed May 21 11:13:58 EDT 2003

Setup:
python 2.1.3
Zope 2.6.1
DCOracle2 (tried both 1.2 and 1.3b)
Oracle 9i (9.0.1)
RedHat 8.0 linux

After building both versions of DCOracle2 I
attempt to run install.py which fails with: unresolved symbol: __cmpdi2
in libclntsh9.so. I think the symbol issue actually traces back to
libgeneric9.a but not sure if it matters anyway.  The binaries provided
for redhat 7.1 also fail in the same way.

I attempted to get around this by installing oracle 8.1.6 just to make
the install.py work, and it does.

But when I switch my oracle home back to 9i and attempt to connect to
the 9i database I get a ORA-01821 Date format error of some sort, which
is extremely wacky.

I have been searching for weeks to find a solution.  If anyone has any
ideas I would be greatly apprecitive.

thanks

shep