scipy installation problems

Mark Fenbers Mark.Fenbers at noaa.gov
Sat May 24 14:24:43 EDT 2003

Thank you.  This is helpful.  But from what I read already, it would appear that
for CVS to be useful, one must have Internet access direct from the computer scipy
installs on, correct.  My Linux box is hidden behind a firewall without Internet
access other than manual FTP sessions through a gateway.  My PC has Internet
access, however, and it is not too much hassle to download a tarball to my PC, then
suck it into the firewall from the inside.  But this CVS method seems like it won't
work in the two-stage approach.  Is my assumption, correct?

Mark