Microthreads

Gary Richardson garyr at fidalgo.net
Sun May 18 21:43:33 EDT 2003

The problem appears to have been due, at least in part, to a freeware
program (Cacheman) that I had been using. It is supposed to optimize
disk caching and hence improve performance. But  I definitely see
shorter run times for the microthread script without it. I've not been
able to reproduce the 40 seconds I was seeing yesterday - I don't
know what to make of that. Now when run from a DOS box I'm
seeing times of 17 to 19 seconds and 22 to 24 seconds when run
from within PythonWin. I guess I can live with that.

Thanks again for your input.
Gary Richardson