code written in linux, but I want to use it in windows....

Hal Wine hal_wine at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 10:27:31 EDT 2003

Bunger wrote:
> This is a script written for Linux, but I want to use it in windows,
> so I've done the changes I think I need, but it does not work.  I get
> these messeges:
> Here is the script, please help me, what is wrong? maybe I have to
> change moore code in windows..
>
> INDIR  = "c:\inn"
> OUTDIR = "c:\ut"
> FINDIR = "c:\ferdig"
>
> ENCPATH = "C:\Nokia\Tools\Nokia_Multimedia_Converter_2_0\MMConverterCon.exe"

Note that the backslash windows directory element separator is an
escape character in Python strings. You either have to double the
backslashes, or make them raw strings. E.g.:
   INDIR = r"c:\inn"
or
   INDIR = "c:\\inn"

Depending on the current directory you're in when running the
script, you may find your files are not where you expect them to
be....

--Hal