Help: Python for Molecules/Ring Structures?

Brian Kelley bkelley at wi.mit.edu
Wed May 28 10:39:56 EDT 2003

Mitch Chapman wrote:
> gyro wrote:
>
>> entropy123 wrote:
>>

>> You might take a look at http://frowns.sourceforge.net/.
>

> If you have a Daylight license you could also check out
> Andrew Dalke's PyDaylight wrapper:
>     http://www.dalkescientific.com/PyDaylight/
>
> Open Eye's OEChem/OELib could also be useful:
>     http://www.eyesopen.com/oechem/

As the implementer of frowns, I'll give my two cents and say that
OEChem/OElib is fantastic.  Blazingly fast, a good python interface and
free for academic institutions.  Certainly best-in-class for protein
structure PDB work.

frowns is much slower but comes with source code and runs everywhere
python does (even on my pda :) )

> --
> Mitch

Brian Kelley
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research