It never fails (bsddb retirement in 2.3)

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon May 5 09:05:18 EDT 2003

    Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes:
    >> Is there some problem with the 1.85 format?  Or just bugs in the
    >> library?  If the format is still in use but the library has bugs, the
    >> obvious answer is to fix the bugs, not deprecate the library.

I don't think the API had bugs, at least not at the application programmer
interface.  Fixing the problems required file format changes though.  If you
look on the page at Sleepycat to which I referred in an earlier message,
you'll see that the file format changed going from library version 1.85 to
1.86 and also to 2.0.

Skip